3.04.2007

Artist of the Day: Amanda Talley

"Patina", 60" x 48 ", Mixed Media on Panel at the Jenkins/Connelly Gallery.
-
Amanda Talley is an amazing artist I know from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Her contemporary abstract paintings have a fluidity and movement few capture. Her work can be found at the Jenkins/Connelly Gallery in New Orleans and the Ann Connelly Gallery in Baton Rouge.
-
Artist Statement: "Painting, for me, is about translating the activity and movement of the outside world into a vocabulary of paint and line. Light, color, and energy are reflected in a fractured window view of the underside of a live oak or in the curls and folds of an elephant ear. Each painting experience becomes a challenge to push aesthetic decision-making aside, in favor of drawing in the moment. The best paintings occur when I succeed in letting action dictate form." Amanda Talley

Untitled, AT181, 26“ x 40“, Mixed Media on Paper at the Ann Connelly Gallery.

Untitled, AT144, 12x12, Mixed Media on Board at the Ann Connelly Gallery.

4 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...

; )

Tyler and Leah said...

Nice paintings - love the flow.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful....

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Now, I feel good, I started take up real money.
It's all about how to choose a correct companion who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the profit with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]