2.26.2007

Mardi Gras 2007

I'm back in KY after an amazing trip home for Mardi Gras. As the photos trickle in from the photogs and friends, I realize how lucky I am to be able to take part in such a grand celebration every year. The Krewe of Muses parade was fab as usual, as was eating at all my favorite restaurants--Commander's Palace, Saki Cafe, La Crepe Nanou...I could go on and on. After 5 days in New Orleans (and a few added pounds), I was so sad to leave. Is there such a thing as Mardi Gras post-partum depression?

Will post more photos as I get them and promise to catch up soon.

xoxo, Leigh


Float loading the night before the parade.

Amy, Joni & Brian (helper for float loading; our krewe is all women)


Our float--number 4--"Wondering Woman," poking fun at Louisiana's governor, Kathleen Blanco.


Amy & me in our costumes on parade day (Re the togas, we're Muses...get it? As for the red wigs--not my idea. Thought I looked like Raggedy Ann, the hooker...)

Joni & Amy


Enjoying other parades the following night...


No comments: